9.26.2006

happy birthday bro..

So my little brother Slade.. ain't so little anymore. Today is Slade's birthday!! Up in Fort Payne, he went to get his license, and I'm not talking about the drive with your momma kind.. I'm talking about the real deal drive by yourself kind. Slade is 16 and will be cruising through Ft.P in his LandRover - and yes.. i could go on and on how that one isn't fair!! Come on.. some of you remember the Prelude.
Many of you know how much I value authentic brotherhood.. and I can say that it is only because of all the brothers that I have been blessed with. My life would be completely different without them. Regardless of how far away in distance we are.. we always find a way to stay close in heart.

Slade has got that Smith charm. We always have a ton of fun.. and we always will as long as he remembers that no matter how "big" he gets.. I will always be able to take him down!! He knows it.

But I have to say how proud I am of Slade as a brother - both by blood and by spirit. Slade is a Christian. He knows where true life is found >> in Christ alone!! His deepest desires are for the Lord to be reflected through his life and his passions.

I love seeing the leadership in my "little" brother continuing to form. It's there with his friends at church and school.. and its there on the playing fields. I love watching compete with the talents he has been given and worked hard to train, but I love watching him more lead his teammates into the presence of the Father.


Happy Birthday #6
keep playing the game for Jesus.

-----------------------------
if you want to keep up with Slade on the ball fields..
his games are online at www.FortPayneSports.com
or the game coverage at The Times-Journal

No comments: