10.01.2006

another fun saturday..

so after a crazy friday of 2 tests and 2 papers due.. which yes, that made watching the auburn game a little bit different as I had my Old Testament notes out.. but Mer and I headed up to Fort Payne - for another Ft.P victory. 5-0 for the first time since 1971.. how about that for the Wildcats.

so after all that, I got to enjoy a great dove shoot with some fun guys. Smith Newspaper Publishing opened up their lodge for a day of shotguns. Barry, Slade, and I were joined with family friends - the Smith's (its their place) and the Barnes - then had some cool additions to the squad. We had 4 Auburn Football players with us. After a close win on Thursday night, these guys took off to a cabin in Mentone and came to the shoot. I'll let you guess who they were - one had a great interception Thursday night while covering SC best receiver.. one scored his very first Auburn career touchdown (first of many to come).. one who is from Fort Payne and annually attends the shoots.. and one who I was thrilled to see as he was one of my Basic guys from the days at Frazer.
>> if you get three out of the four.. i'll be very impressed. feel free to use some online rosters - espn has a good one.

there were a lot of birds flying.. but not many in our direction.. but as always - had a blast in camo with the guys. War.Eagle.

No comments: