4.28.2008

encouraging words this morning.

So this morning I pulled an old book of my shelf, it was a copy of Henry Blackaby's Experiencing God Day-by-Day. It was given to me back in 1999 by a great friend, Michael Wright. He gave it to me for my high school graduation and wrote some very encouraging words on the inside covered. Well, those weren't the only encouraging words that I re-read this morning.

I opened up to the reading for today, just to see if I had read it back then and wrote anything about that day. April 28th -- I got nothing. But on the page to the left (the 27th) I come across these words of my hand writing: "Father... I have asked you to show me where you want me, and you reply not with a position but a perfect answer. Father, help me to be close enough to you so that I may hear your voice and recognize your calling."

These were words that I had penned over a decision for my summer plans. The Lord was completely faithful to lead me to exactly what was best for my heart that summer. Now, fast forward a great 8 years and as I graduating from another era of school, my prayer is exactly the same :: Father, show me where you want me. His reply - exactly the same :: close enough to Me to hear My voice and recognize My calling.

Thank you Lord for the re-reading of those encouraging words this morning.

No comments: