1.06.2006

two e-mails.

so I got two very moving e-mails today… both coming from special people… the subjects of each one being completely opposite than the other… yet each stirred my heart powerfully for the Word  >> and there was God.    

the first e-mail that I got was from an incredible old friend, who the Lord has used in my life in a big way. this is a brother who is living up the journey of life… never knowing exactly what the Lord is doing within him, but following the lead of his heart continually. I was moved with excitement for this dear friend as he told me of his time “walking on rocky ground”… by the shear truth of the Lord’s hand being upon his life… and the thrill of knowing the destination of his next journey being one absolutely filled with the beauty and glory of our Creator in His creation. the words to Wonderful Maker began to resound within my heart for this brother… with joy in the truth of God’s sovereignty and grace.

then I opened the other e-mail, this one coming from one of my real brothers… in regards to the grandmother of his dear girlfriend. Amanda’s grandmother had been in my prayers as she was put in the hospital last week due to an asthma attack. this e-mail told of her passing away early this morning. the news of which took my heart to a time of mourning.. so small in comparison to what Amanda’s entire family were experiencing, but my heart went out to them – and still does. that’s when I turned to the Word… not in search of answers so much.. but because it was what I wanted to do. and that is where the hope in the truth of God’s sovereignty and grace was revealed.

I turned to the pages of Romans.. as that is what I have been reading through.. to find these words.. "If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living." (Romans 14.8-9) 

my heart still goes out to Amanda’s family for the loss of a loved one.. while still being excited for the adventure to come for Joey >> and it is only by the unfailing truth of God’s sovereignty and grace on our life and our death that I can declare it. We are the Lord’s!!

1 comment:

Jeh said...

jared, thank you for your posts. joey bass? oh wow if that's who you are talking about...i could not tell you the last time i've seen or talked to him. oh to return to the days of the old school youth group crowd. i miss all of you kids so much. what blessed friends are you! cheers!