6.13.2009

Aubrey's First Press Coverage.

It might take a while for some to get mentioned in newspaper articles, but for Aubrey it only took 5 days!! Of course, it does not hurt to have an uncle heading to pitch for Auburn next season.

Uncle Slade has been covered in many articles as the MLB draft has been approaching. Slade made the decision to pass by the draft and head to he Plains of Auburn. He made his feelings known to all the scouts that called. We are all thrilled to see him fulfill his dreams of wearing that AU uniform.

Slade made sure that everyone knew his plans for the summer, as the fall is approaching. J.D. Davidson writes, "For starters, the recent Fort Payne High School graduate has just a few weeks of free time before he begins his baseball career at Auburn. He wants that time to himself. Well, himself, and his new niece.

I’m going to try to spend as much time as I can with my new niece,” Smith said. “I’m just going to work out and get my arm back in shape, so when I get to Auburn I can compete for a starting job or a weekend SEC job.”

You can check out the full article from the Times Journal.

No comments: