6.09.2009

the story behind the name.



We wanted to Thank You all for your extra sweet comments, compliments, and continued prayers. Aubrey is only a little more than 24 hours old, but she has already captured our hearts. We hope this photo brings a smile to your face like it does ours.

So let us tell you how we came to choose the name Aubrey Adair Smith. Family has always been something extremely valuable to both Meredith and I, so we knew that we wanted to honor our family by carrying on family names to the next generation.

We will start with the end and move forwards.

Smith, I know, I know what you're thinking.. you didn't have a choice in that one. Although it is true, and also that there are plenty of Smith's out in the world, we are so excited to bring in the next generation to our Smith crew - there is something very significant and special about our crew - and especially that we are bringing the next generation in with a Little Lady. As a guy with 5 Smith brothers, I never would have thought a girl would come.. but I honestly wouldn't want it any other way. Come on, look at that girl.. can you blame me??

Adair is my mother, Kris' maiden name. It has always been a name I have loved, because its a crew I have always loved. We don't get to see each other as much as we want to, but when we do get together.. you better watch out.. cause it is guaranteed to be a laugh-filled, fun time. It is an honor to connect our Little Lady to the Adair family with her middle name.

Then there is Aubrey. Aubrey was the name of Meredith's Grandfather, her mother, Sandi's father. He passed away when Meredith was 4 years old. I never got to meet him, but have always heard some incredibly special things about this man. He has always been special to Mer and her family. The amazing, un-planned, part of it all is that yesterday, June the 8th, would have been Mer's grandfather's 90th birthday.. yes.. our Little Lady has the same birthday as her namesake!! How cool of God is that.

So there you have it. The main reasons why we went with the name. Plus, we just like the flow of Aubrey Adair Smith. Once you meet her, we know that you will love it too.

** side note, we also found out today that my Dad has a distant cousin named Aubrey Smith. So now we definitely have all sides of our families covered.

I'll leave you tonight with a little bit of Aubrey's personality coming out.. I don't know where she gets this stuff from. Thanks for checking in to find out a little bit more of our daughter, Aubrey Adair Smith.

No comments: